Laser Dentistry Austin, TX
If you are interested in a new, fresh approach to dental care, consider laser dentistry. At Austin Primary Dental, we can use laser dentistry to treat our patients' oral health concerns in a way that is comfortable and effective. If you live in Austin or surrounding area and are looking for modern dental care, give us a call. Lasers are revolutionizing dentistry, but a family dentist still typically uses traditional metal dental tools, making it necessary to visit a laser dentist. As a laser dentist in Austin, we can use lasers in the majority of our procedures to correct damage without causing irritation. We invite you to call (512) 808-5651 and experience the difference that laser dentistry can make.
Laser Dentistry for Those with a Dental Phobia
If you suffer from dental anxiety or avoid visiting the dentist for fear of discomfort, you are not alone. This is a common condition that you do not have to live with. Laser dentistry has revolutionized dental care to the point where procedures can be performed in a way that is so comfortable that you will barely notice you are having dental work done. For now, we have implemented the use of lasers in our procedures to place dental veneers, fillings, crowns, dental implants, and other procedures. We treat patients throughout the Austin area that no longer have concerns regarding dental care after experiencing how pleasant a laser dental treatment can be.
Laser Dentistry Provides a Better Experience
By performing laser dental treatments, we can eliminate the common reasons why people are uncomfortable during dental procedures – heat, pressure, and vibration. Once eliminated, many people do not even need anesthesia. That is why we can often complete fillings without our patients requesting an injection. Additionally, laser technology allows us to more accurately target specific areas of your mouth. The laser is incredibly thin so we can make precise incisions when necessary. We can even use lasers to correct issues like tooth decay. The difference is that the surrounding gum tissue is not impacted or irritated in any way. With traditional metal dental tools, a dentist may irritate the surrounding tissue with an accidental slip of the hand. By removing this risk, our patients can undergo the same dental procedures but with a faster recovery time. Simultaneously, our patients are more comfortable than if the procedure was performed in the traditional manner. For example, laser dental fillings achieve the same results but without the discomfort. Simultaneously, lasers can also be used to help stop the bleeding so that when a more intensive procedure is being performed, gauze may be unnecessary or only used temporarily. Patients can appreciate the opportunity to have dental work completed in this non-invasive way. If you would like to experience laser dentistry for yourself, we invite you to call 512-808-5651 and schedule an appointment.
Check out what others are saying about our laser dentistry services on Yelp: Laser Dentistry Austin
When you visit Austin Primary Dental, we will work to the best of our ability to provide you with the highest quality of dental care and do so in a way that is relaxing and comfortable. By offering laser dental treatments, we eliminate the vibration, heat and pressure that generally causes discomfort during dental procedures. In fact, we even offer fillings without the need to use a drill. Laser dentistry is used in our office so that we can achieve our goal of keeping you comfortable. The technology is continuing to change and improve so if there are procedures that we are still using traditional dental tools for, we expect all or most of them to eventually be done using lasers. If you want to learn more about how we use laser technology currently, call Austin Primary Dental and schedule an appointment with our dental office.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Alveolar Ridge
- The alveolar ridge is the bony ridge for one of the jaw ridges located on the roof of the mouth or on the bottom of the mouth.
- An autograft is a graft of tissue from one portion of an individual’s body to another.
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
Back to top of Laser Dentistry
Dental X-rays are done very routinely for most people that go in to visit their dentist. They are an important part of visiting the dentist! Dental X-rays allow for a dentist to see parts of the mouth and teeth that might not be visible by just looking directly into the mouth. Having dental X-rays taken…
Needing a new family dentist because you recently moved to a new area? Or maybe you just switched your dental insurance plan and now need to find a new dentist for your family? Whatever your reason for needing a new dentist, it is important for you to find a dental office in which your entire…
A complete smile makeover can restore self-confidence and a healthy grin in those who have missing or damaged teeth. Dental implants, braces and dentures can replace gaps in a smile or straighten crooked teeth in people of almost any age. However, before patients take steps to restore their smiles, it can be important to understand…
From initial consultation to the day of the surgery, knowing what to expect with your upcoming dental implant procedure is important. We want you to feel completely well-informed in the process of getting dental implants so you can be comfortable with each step. Understanding the process will also help you to ask the right questions…